Rhiann from My Brain Lesion and Me, Jordyn from The Chronically Unimaginable and Heather from Dinosaurs, Donkey’s and MS have nominated me for the Chronically Hopeful Award. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but I have been busy with a few things, mainly managing my diseases.
The Chronically Hopeful Award has been created by Pamela, “to recognize the incredible people who blog about chronic illness, mental health and disability.”
- Thank your nominator
- Recognize Pamela from There Is Always Hope as the creator of this award and link her URL – https://pamelajessen.com
- Use the Chronically Hopeful Award logo somewhere in your post
- Copy these rules onto your post
- Answer your nominator’s questions
- Write 5-10 of your own questions (they don’t need to be illness related)
- Nominate 5-10 other chronic illness, mental illness, or disability bloggers
- Comment on each of your nominees’ latest posts to tell them they have been nominated
- What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from your illness?
- Patience and pacing
- If you were a dinosaur, what dinosaur would you be and why?
- After just binge watching the three Jurassic Park movies I’m not sure which is the best. They are all so violent. 😐
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I’m not ready to share this publicly, yet!!
- What is your favourite flower?
- What makes you happy?
- A warm home, tasty food, excellent company and then a good book.
- If you had to write about something other than disability/chronic illness/mental illness or special needs, what would it be and why?
- It would probably be about my experience in managing businesses.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Singapore: I have heard so many fantastic things about this city, to finally see it would be amazing.
- What is the biggest thing you’ve learned about yourself since becoming disabled or chronically ill?
- I am stronger than I thought, and I have something to share.
- What is your favourite comfort food?
- Rosol – this a Polish chicken broth with steamed vegetables. It is very tasty and I enjoy it every time.
- Name a literary character you can relate. What is it about this character that you can relate?
- Frodo Baggins- the illnesses I have are my ring, a burden to bear, but I have the strength to carry it.
- If you had to recommend one place to visit near to where you live, what would it be and why?
- The Sky Road – The view is amazing, and I am humbled by the power of nature.
- What is your favourite TV show to binge-watch when you are having a bad day?
- Game of Thrones
- What is the one blog post you are most proud of and why?
- My recent post about XX
- If you could recommend one blogger or blog to read, which would it be and why?
- There are a few I read, and they are my nominees. Rhiann you are one of them.
- If you were suddenly only able to use one social media site/app which would you choose and why?
- Twitter, I really like the immediacy it gives.
- What is your favorite color and why?
- Orange – I love the brightness of the colour, its taste (as orange juice which I freshly squeeze every morning) and it is is the national colour of The Netherlands (I am half Dutch).
- What is your biggest inspiration for writing about what you do? Why?
- My hope is by sharing my experience other will feel less alone.
- If you had to pick one band/artist to listen to for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
- Pink Floyd and ERA. Sadly due to my headaches I cannot listen to them any more.
- What is your favorite imaginary animal? Explain.
- Dragons – Do I really have to explain this, it is so obvious. 😀
- Who is the most supportive person in your life?
- My partner, every day she makes me feel loved.
- What is the best feeling in the world? Why?
- To be loved, and loved in return.
- What is your absolute favorite book you’ve ever read or what are you reading right now?
- The Lord of the Rings
- Do you have any pets? If so, tell me a little about them. If not, tell me about a pet you wish you could have (real or imaginary).
- I don’t have a pet, but my partner does, a cat. We tolerate each other.
- When did you decide to speak up about your experiences?
- I was looking for a creative outlet, and my partner suggested I do this, write about my experience in a public way, not just in a journal.
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why? If not, explain why.
- My life has been an adventure, and there have been many exciting times. If I changed one thing, I would be afraid all the good thing may not come to pass. I’ll stick with what I have.
I would like to nominate the following blogs:
- Sam from My Medical Musings
- Sheryl from A Chronic Voice
- Kathy from FUMSNow
- Ali from Notebooks and Glasses
- Willeke from Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Who has influenced you most?
- Why a blog?
- Where would you live, if you couldn’t live where you currently live?
- What is you biggest concern about the future?
- What device has helped you most?